[Noisebridge-discuss] nb blog post

johnyradio johnyradio at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 22:12:55 UTC 2013

On 10/21/2013 2:20 PM, Rubin Abdi wrote:
> So far in the history of Noisebridge, ...those who've wanted posting access have all gotten it. I setup the blog to feature posts about stuff actually happening in Noisebridge. ...it would be lovely to see the blog take off again.

i'd like to post the item below to the blog. This is a HACKING EVENT
that took place AT NOISEBRIDGE, for which Instructables.com and JameCo
Electronics donated a bunch of FREE PARTS to Noisebridge.

I wrote Rubin off-list, requesting to hook me up with the blog. I
offered that i do not need author access myself, i'm fine if someone
else with access posts it.

Rubin replied:

"From my point of view, this content has nothing to do with Noisebridge."

Maybe this is the access restriction Romy referred to?

Rubin also wrote:

"The Noisebridge blog runs on a Wordpress Network, along with other
sites I operate."

Does it make sense that a Noisebridge content channel is hosted
externally, on a system that only one person has admin access to?

    Pic:
    http://www.instructables.com/files/orig/FUR/A7B3/HMMF6TRX/FURA7B3HMMF6TRX.jpg

    Title: Noisebridge Instructables Hack Gets 400+ views

    Body:
    Learn how to make multiple LED's blink at different rates
    simultaneously, with only three simple chips, no microcontrollers,
    and no 555's!
    "One amazing Instructable" --Carley Jacobson, Instructables.com
    5 Faves and counting...
    http://www.instructables.com/id/EH2QS8KHMMF6TQA/