[Noisebridge-discuss] proposal for noisebridge membership changes

Jean-Luc Picard atari2600a at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 03:00:24 UTC 2013

Why not use the laser cutter or 3D printers to create Noisebridge
[associate] membership insignia, like how the armed forces in the US has
challenge coins?

We could let people in, give them a tour, & if they pass a simple but
hacktivist-centric test, they get the insignia to wear as a badge / tie
around their necks / whatever.  Dues-paying members such as "member"
members could have metal ones 3d- printed online on the NB dime, perhaps
even w/ some cool key feature to the members closet lock or something!

Say, for example, when I first arrived, within 15 minutes someone
challenged me to solve a rubiks cube, which I did admittedly a little
rustily due to my own arrogance, but nonetheless completed. (I tried to
do it eyes-closed for the last layer....twice)

We could have a test for every workstation made available for use to the
public.  The parts corner could be a simple I Spy variant where they
just have to recognize a few fundamental things.  The 3D printer could
be printing a calibration cube, the turing room could be just attending
a class, etc.