[Noisebridge-discuss] words

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 23:00:08 UTC 2013

On 10/16/2013 3:18 PM, Alexandra Glowaski wrote:
> Even people who have direct experience with the subject can be
> expected to treat it with sensitivity, and if confronted for casually
> trotting it out to make an unrelated point, to respond graciously.

Alex, thanks for your message. My apologies for being unawares.

It's true that i cannot know what abuses other people have endured. It's
also true that they cannot know what abuses I may have endured.

Physical abuse that i personally experienced as a child is part of the
reason i studied Child Development and Psych in college. It's part of
the reason i am working with a group of teen girls in a low-income
neighborhood to produce a podcast about violence and sexual abuse. It's
one of the reasons i asked a young male rapper from the hood to stop
glorifying violence in his lyrics-- but not in an accusatory way
(another podcast).

So i shall be extra careful to consider my words. I only humbly suggest
that people consider not being so quick to judge and accuse a person, or
a sentence, on the basis of a syllable.

--

Johny Radio