[Noisebridge-discuss] Job Creator

Romy Snowyla romy at snowyla.com
Fri Oct 18 04:04:26 UTC 2013

While I wouldn't want to discourage anyone or give the impression I'm controlling the mailing list, I notice a pattern of Noisebridge members getting caught up in very long threads involving semantics.

This happened at sudoroom a lot too when I hung out there.

I'm on the fence of whether this is bad or not: smart people love to argue but it feels like most Noisebridge members are pretty feminist and on the same side. Compared to other hacker spaces it's pretty woman friendly to me

Is it necessary to argue for 48 hours non stop on semantics? Maybe. But I could see such issues being potentially divisive.

 If I were a hostile outsider i would definitely troll this list to create an argument like this that would divide allies over fine semantics

Sent from my iPhone