[Noisebridge-discuss] Private Address Forwarding proposal to USPS

Robert Picone rpicone at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 09:14:06 UTC 2013

I would say that it might be worthwhile to forgo memorability and direct
human writing completely and to register this as an entirely
machine-readable system.  In doing so:

-You would avoid memorability concerns...  Most people aren't going to
remember alphanumeric strings no matter what: Printed
-You provide utility to the post office.  Increased machine-readability
means lower cost.  USPS already has barcode readers of certain types that
the format could respect.
-Avoids dealing with illegibility, and has a lot of potential for
error-correction.
-Has the potential for a further revenue-stream for USPS in printing labels
certified to be compatible with their system.  This would minimize
inconvenience a bit.