[Noisebridge-discuss] membership application endorsement signature for rhodey by jake

rhodey rhodey at anhonesteffort.org
Thu Oct 31 21:51:16 UTC 2013

On 10/31/13 14:21, pdbogen at cernu.us wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 02:05:10PM -0700, Alexandra Glowaski wrote:
>> Oh! Me too! I will endorse the shit out of Rhodey.
>>
>> Though I don't think this method should be general-use -- clogging the
>> signal and all that
>>
>> Any recommended alternatives for remote people? I got nothin'.
>
> A wiki post, as suggested by Rhodey below, (by signed in users) is pretty
> tracable, and those proficient with GPG could very easily GPG sign an
> endorsement note on the wiki.

Those not proficient with GPG could instead place a statement on their
own profile endorsing the potential member and be trusted to protect
their password. I'm hopeful that we need not consider passwords a
serious attack vector at this time, If people begin popping boxes to
fraud endorsements I'm sure we'll have a blast dealing with that
situation then and there.

-- rhodey