[Noisebridge-discuss] Electronics Question

macegr garrettmace at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 08:28:26 UTC 2013

33 ohms would be problematic. Max current is 50mA and 33ohms would try to push over 100mA through. But the uC pin max is about 40mA. So either the LED in the isolator fails or the Arduino fails (maybe not immediately, but soon). Datasheet recommends 5-10mA with operation down to 1.5mA so my original suggestion of 1K is fine.

The polarity reminder is spot on.