[Noisebridge-discuss] / territorializing

Dan Cote terminationshok at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 03:05:38 UTC 2013

The pit bull is the one with brown and gray marble coat? Cause if it is, it
always seems to be a different guy that brings him in. That dog causes lots
of problems for people. We've already sent one guy home with that dog for
all kinds of drama. The whole Tuesday meeting was in an uproar about it,
but they selectively ignored that the exact dog they were complaining about
was in attendance. This was after an unnecessary consensus item "rule"
about dogs was added. It took some doing to rally everyone away from the
meeting and actually explain to the guy that he couldn't have the dog there
if it was making people uncomfortable. He didn't understand what we were
talking about, and didn't seem to have any concept of things other than
what he wanted.

Coming to Noisebridge with well behaved animals that you are actively
tending to is pretty excellent. If someone has allergies, or feels
uncomfortable around your pet, then obviously, you should move away from
that person, or come back later.

Coming to Noisebridge with animals and then leaving them to run around and
piss people off, shit everywhere, eat people's food, and possibly get hurt
by the equipment, chemicals, and robots endemic to the hackerspace
environment is falling a bit short of being excellent. In fact it makes you
a terrible, terrible person.

If there are animals being left to fend for themselves at Noisebridge,
which is a potentially dangerous workshop, I wouldn't be surprised if
someone called the SF SPCA at 415-554-6364 to come and get the animal
before it gets hurt. I wouldn't be surprised if the owner was prevented
from entering the space.

If we see someone abusing an animal, or creating a situation where people
are made to feel uncomfortable because of the lack of attention of the
animals under other people's care, it is my hope that we will stop that
situation from continuing. I hope that would happen at Noisebridge or
Anywhere Else.