[Noisebridge-discuss] Simplicity regarding Adam

Robert Chu robert.chu01 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 18:24:34 UTC 2013

Well from my experience with him regardless of all other things being
discussed that may not directly relate to him in the space.

On two separate occasions he was asked to leave Noisebridge for being
un-excellent and clearly refused to do so.

The first time was when he was pretending to take pictures of a person.

The second time was when another person and I were trying to watch a video
at night in which his response was to keep turning off the amplifier
because he was sleeping. This persisted numerous times even though we tried
to compromise by lowering the volume.

Third I was also informed the he stated he "ran Noisebridge..."??? I do a
lot of work for Noisebridge myself such as working on the infrastructure,
but I've never said I ran or worked at Noisebridge. The reason why I do a
lot for the space is because I am very passionate about NB as an
infrastructure provider and see how it could be more efficient by a) being
kept clean. b) having all the systems working. c) updating the layout as
the interests of the community change. Do-ocracy and space hacking is what
I discuss if it comes up in conversation, because the current state of the
space is a bit more efficient then it was.

As back to more simplification... Adam as blown up (been hostile and
aggressive) toward me in the space numerous times to the point where I
would shut down. In addition to that I didn't want to bring any of this up
until the meeting as well because I felt that he was "Power tripping" all
over the space and there was not enough support to further call him on his
BS or ask him to leave, AS IT WAS ASKED OF HIM TO DO SO BEFORE; AS HE
IGNORED IT THOSE REQUESTS.

As for my thoughts of continuing dialog about this person on the mailing
list feels like we are "beating a dead horse." And should just finish
discussing this at the meeting. If it really is paramount to continue
discussing him on the list, then I recommend we make a specific mailing
list for community concerns because I myself am a little annoyed that there
is so little tech, intellect, and humor being discussed on the list
compared to this gargantuan, amount, of toxic, drama-aid, Noisebirdge's
list is drowning in. (IMHO)

Sure there is drama, but why don't we metaphorically use a unix jail to
contain it by creating another list for concerns. Oh jeez I am rambling
again.

Cheers
Rayc