[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: H. at .PinG @ N01538R!d63 POE wiring help needed

John Adams jna at retina.net
Mon Sep 23 18:15:57 UTC 2013

Do keep in mind loss across the cable. cat5e is around 30 ohms per 1000'.
This may impact your application.

Vdrop = I*R

12 volts through 24AWG at 1A through 100 feet of line = 5.13 volt voltage
drop.

I really recommend you put a meter on the end of the cable. You might
actually have to supply closer to 18 volts to get what you need at the end
of the line.

This might help.
http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html?material=copper&wiresize=84.22&voltage=18&phase=dc&noofconductor=1&distance=100&distanceunit=feet&amperes=1&x=67&y=8

-j