[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge is a Mess.

Garrett Smith dhtmlkitchen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 21:57:20 UTC 2013

Noisebridge is a mess.

Problem:
Dishes are everywhere, tools misplaced, clutter and disarray prevail.
The environment hinders productivity, leads to frustration and
decreased morale. It is not excellent; it sucks.

Excellent would be minimal waste, clean, and healthy environment with
no toxic substances, no crap from chem companies.

Proposals:
* Each person do some cleaning, even only 10 minutes. NB users who
take initiative in cleaning will have a vested interest in making sure
it stays that way.
* Ask people for help!
* Watch out for others leaving messes behind and politely tell them to
put away what they've used, clean up the mess created. The reason for
asking is be to keep the place clean, not to rebuke; keep in mind that
people will not like being asked to clean up their mess.
* Include cleaning as mention for tours. "We encourage members to keep
the space clean."
* Provide membership for those who have no money but wish to earn a membership.

I have personally spent many hours of hard work cleaning, only to find
the place trashed shortly thereafter.

noisebridge.net/Cleaning
--
Garrett