[Noisebridge-discuss] Donations for better Internet Infrastructure at Noisebridge

Robert Chu robert.chu01 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 08:21:24 UTC 2013

Question 1. Could newer hardware increase our capacity? 2. Are there
features of newer hardware that we are currently not able to utilize?

Owning and playing around with SRW2024, I know that the SRW2048 can support
the following:

- QOS, Spanning Tree Protocol, Vlanning (based on usage). and others.

Question 2. If we are not already utilizing these technologies, then can we
start to improve the quality of our internet here. Especially throttling.

 Good Evening Noisebridge,

It seems our current set up for Internet Infrastructure is:

Soekris Net 6501

Juniper EX 2200 POE

Some Foo Router (that looks really old tan green/maybe only supports
10mbps???)

A Linksys SRW2048 (Not a bad switch)

Cheers
RAYC