[Noisebridge-discuss] TOGETHER: A #CoPresence4Good Camp, 9/28, Institute for the Future (Palo Alto)

Sam Gregory sam at witness.org
Tue Sep 24 16:40:47 UTC 2013

Hope this might be of interest to Noisebridge folks! All welcome!
*
*
How can we create more effective activism? *TOGETHER i*s a 'co-presence for
good' camp <https://copresence4good.eventbrite.com/> at the Institute for
the Future in Palo Alto on 9/28 bringing together human rights workers,
futures thinkers, journalists, activists, techies, researchers and
storytellers to look how to design, hack, plan immersive experience and
co-presence approaches for next-generation human rights
witnessing<http://www.iftf.org/future-now/article-detail/next-gen-witnessing-how-can-we-enhance-human-rights-activism-using-co-presence-for-good/>
.

At *TOGETHER**: A #CoPresence4Good Camp* we’ll look at how to harness the
potential of experiential, real-time, synchronous witnessing, learning, and
engagement for human rights activism, news reporting and general social
goodness. How does the power to ‘walk in someone’s shoes’, to see through
others’ eyes, and to be part of live, interactive immersive witnessing
drive concrete productive actions, engagement and understanding across
borders and timezones? How can the empathetic connection of real-time
immersive experience be combined with task-routing and workflow approaches
to involve people in other locations in ways that fully optimize the use of
their skills and leverage? Together we’ll conceptualize, share and hack
provocative tech prototypes and tactical and design hacks.

More details here: http://www.iftf.org/what-we-do/events/together
-a-copresence4good-camp/

Sam Gregory <http://www.linkedin.com/in/samgregory/>
'Future for Good'
Fellow<http://www.iftf.org/what-we-do/who-we-are/fellows/sam-gregory/>,
the Institute for the Future (summer 2013)
Program Director, WITNESS <http://www.witness.org/> (sam at witness.org)
Adjunct Lecturer, Public Policy, Harvard Kennedy
School<http://www.hks.harvard.edu/about/faculty-staff-directory/sam-gregory>
@samgregory <http://twitter.com/samgregory>