[Noisebridge-discuss] Just what is "Hacking".

Davidfine d at vidfine.com
Wed Sep 4 02:34:40 UTC 2013

Noisebridge exists and was created to serve people working with
technology, science, and DIY projects incorporating some aspects of
those (secondarily). I know, I was there. Although I don't mind the
space being used for broader creative projects, your line of thought
bothers me enough to write a rebuke.

Here's why: Language is collaborative. So what are you trying to
accomplish by using a word in a way that 99% of people don't? It doesn't
retroactively change the purpose of our hackerspace, you know. I want to
make sure you understand that labeling someone a hacker doesn't entitle
them to anything so far as Noisebridge is concerned.
Sliberjick edmonitum je sventerbochs. Only I know what those words mean,
but they refute anything you could possibly say in reply.
--D