[Noisebridge-discuss] MacBook power cord broken at transformer

Jonathan Toomim jtoomim at jtoomim.org
Fri Sep 6 04:35:39 UTC 2013

The Chinese knockoffs on ebay aren't too bad. They cost about $30.

The Macbook AC adapters are notorious for not having enough strain
relief. I strongly suggest reinforcing both ends of the cable from the
AC adapter to the Mac with about a gram of epoxy. I did that with my
third one, and I haven't needed a fourth. Doing so makes it pretty ugly,
but I prefer ugly things that work over pretty things that don't.