[Noisebridge-discuss] fm signal map, Radio stations in SD, Vacant channels - Re: The bridge

giovanni_re john_re at fastmail.us
Mon Sep 9 07:03:15 UTC 2013

On Sun, Sep 8, 2013, at 08:37 PM, martin deviddo wrote:
> No problem. I really want to help get this station on the air.

Hi Martin - Great!  :)
If we all do a little bit, many hands make light work.  :)

It's my
> understanding that we need a fm signal map of mission valley. Norman
> explainedthat in order to figure out which frequency isn't used we'll
> have to go the old  fashioned way and and walk around with an FM radio
> logging the channels withwhite noise at each intersection.

Norman has been doing  great work on this!  :)

Here are some important resources for radio station info in SF:

All broadcast band radio station signals in SF:
http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/locate?select=city&city=san+francisco&state=ca&x=19&y=6

Vacant channels & signal strength graph:
http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/vacant?select=city&city=San%20Francisco&state=CA

Those resoursces give a quick view of what frequencies might be
available.

Martin - after you've taken a look at those web pages, will you please
put those urls somwhere on the NB Radio  wiki page?
https://noisebridge.net/wiki/NB_Radio

Thanks! :)

 This will

---  Join the BerkeleyTIP-Global mail list -   http://groups.google.com/group/BerkTIPGlobal. All Freedom SW, HW & Culture.