[Noisebridge-discuss] Hello. I think we a need a new Mission Statement.

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 23:52:40 UTC 2014

------ Original Message ------
From: "Johny Radio" <johnyradio at gmail.com>

>Or maybe a "Vision" statement.
>
>In organizational planning (according to some org planning classes i
>attended):
>
>     Mission Statement = abstract social purpose
>     Vision Statement = what it looks like in the day-to-day

the instructors advised us that a "Vision Statement" can very
effectively inspire people to fulfill that vision. Example of what might
be included in a Vision statement:

     "People are building hardware and software things. The space is
clean and organized. Tools are in good working order, people don't abuse
or steal tools. Supplies are easy to find and easy to keep organized.
People treat each other respectfully. The environment is friendly and
welcoming."