[Noisebridge-discuss] Why I don't go to Noisebridge.

Norman Bradley pryankster at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 23:13:07 UTC 2014

After reading openfly's ramble I thought I should finally post this.

I don't get to Noisebridge much anymore and this is why. At the basic
level I feel safer out on Mission than I feel at Noisebridge. There are
a couple of reasons, 1. out on the street I can usually see danger
approaching and avoid it and 2. at Noisebridge it just isn't safe.

I started showing up at NB because it felt like a good place to interact
with other folks that understand, Scientific, Mathematical, and
Technical things. Where we could help each other out with knowledge
sharing. With a few notable exceptions if I try to talk "Tech" folks I
am now usually met with blank stares.

I think that NB should be a place where if you leave your stuff to go to
the restroom or down stairs for a snack it is there when you come back.
If you forget something it is put in Lost & Found and remains there
until you claim it. It should NOT be as it is where if I get up to give
some new people a tour things are missing when I come back.

You are entitled to your own opinion.
You are NOT entitled to your own facts.
Norman