[Noisebridge-discuss] I'm starting the Security Working Group (aka "Why Security at Noisebridge is Very Hard")

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 15:50:22 UTC 2014

I was going to write a post called "why security at NB is very hard"
and write a list of reasons why we're not going to solve NB's security
problem anytime soon.

But you know what?  Fuck despair.

How many of you on this list are familiar with Threat Modeling?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threat_model

Would any of you like to get together with me to work out a threat
model for Noisebridge?  I've already started but I know there are
aspects I will miss if I try to do this in a vacuum.

I plan to do some on-site research over the next few weeks, informed
by the people who spend the most time at the space.

Anybody with a smattering of ideas about this, feel free to reply here.

I'm also starting #security-wg on the Noisebridge Slack space.  Please
ask for an invite if you aren't on it yet.

Cheers,
Naomi

--
Naomi Theora Most