[Noisebridge-discuss] BAHA tomorrow - Snow and Tell

travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org
Sat Apr 12 22:47:12 UTC 2014

Bay Area (Hacker's Association|Security Enthusiasts) Meeting!

2nd Sunday of every month, 2pm, at Noisebridge, in the main area (or back)

It lasts until it's over.

It's for people interested in security, not the more general "make
stuff" kind of hacking.

Date of Meeting:
================
2pm (1400), 13 Apr 2014
Always second Sunday of the month at 2pm

This month we present:
======================

Everybody

On:

Snow and Tell

This month, we'll eschew the guest speaker, and have a "round table"
discussion.  Everyone should research and bring their own favorite
surveillance programme, technology, program, system, exploit,
analytical technique, spying device, or government unit, and share it
with the class.  We would love to hear about the obscure stuff you've
dredged up from history as well as recent revelations (there have been
many).

After each presentation, anyone will be free to critique the
technology, the purpose, the efficacy, explain how to do it better
(cheaper, faster), and describe countermeasures.

About the Author:

He's Just This Guy You Know?

Location:
=========

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Noisebridge

2169 Mission St, San Francisco, CA, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Known Universe

Finding the space can be tricky; it has a red circular logo above the
otherwise inconspicuous door, and is next to a market that sells
fruit.  It is very close to 16th and Mission BART stop.  If you're
driving, leave 15-30 minutes extra to find parking due to the heavy
traffic around there.  No free street parking any more.  I recommend
the lot near 16th and Mission.

Speaker?
========

If you would like to be a speaker, or know someone who would,
please let us know.

Our Site:
=========

http://baha.bitrot.info/

Includes google calendar (never miss another meeting), directions,
link to mailing list, etc.  Please check it out.
--
http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/
Remediating... like a BOSS.