[Noisebridge-discuss] asked Matthew P. to leave

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 20:30:00 UTC 2014

On 13 April 2014 08:22, Alexandra Glowaski <alex.glowaski at gmail.com> wrote:
> The trouble with harassment is that most harassers spend most of their time
> not harassing people, so they usually seem pretty normal. I don't feel
> comfortable being at NB if I don't have either a picture of this guy, or an
> assurance that his presence will be announced (or he'll be kicked out) if he
> shows up again.
> We could make a harass-o-meter! A spectrum of pictures of the dude in states
> from "super pooped / may violate your boundaries" to "got some sleep /
> probably safe". Then, post it on the wall for people to make their own
> judgments about whether the space is safe and welcoming.

I'd rather a space just be known for being safe and welcoming.

> Looking up people's skirts isn't tired-person behavior. It's creepy-asshole
> behavior. If he looks up people's skirts without permission, he is a creepy
> asshole. Case in point: I am extremely exhausted right now, so my normal
> inhibitions aren't functioning properly, so I'm posting this to the list
> where I might otherwise hold off. I'm not pulling guys' shirts up and
> waggling my tongue at them.

I'd rather you just post to the list. Or at least on Slack somewhere.

If/when I see Matthew again I'll take him aside and tell him what he
did last Tuesday Wasn't Cool. If he does it or anything like it again,
I'll ask him to leave and to come back for mediation.

-a