[Noisebridge-discuss] Filth.

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 05:23:14 UTC 2014

Yes, you're totally right about the health issues.  This is a
quantifiable situation; let's make use of that.

The people who love the kitchen need to step up and protect this
resource, if they want to hold on to it.  If the people who want it to
exist can't take care of it, they don't deserve to have it.  Simple.

Perhaps an ultimatum would be useful here.  E.g. "get it
inspection-ready by $DATE".

Obvious question: who's setting this ultimatum?  My response: a
written petition signed by *_Members, who would agree to
do-ocratically dismantle the kitchen if it's still gross by $DATE.

(Also: thank you Noisebridge for some quality zork-style lulz.)

--Naomi

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 12:52 AM, Lupita Berries <garyberries at gmail.com> wrote:
> Personally, I believe we should dismantle the kitchen anyways. This is a
> place for hacking, and allowing food inside the space creates an unsafe for
> many potential hackers. What if people have nut allergies and people are
> using nuts in the kitchen? This creates an unsafe place for people with
> allergies and also opens the space to unhealthy bacteria and fungus/mold
> growing. Dismantling the kitchen would help avoid lots of health hazards so
> people could focus on hacking.
>

> On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 10:27 AM, Jeffrey Carl Faden <jeffreyatw at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> That one-eyed dude promised he'd keep the kitchen free of rotting garbage
>> when we threatened to dismantle it. Guess he was lying!
>>

>> On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 10:22 AM, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> A wafting smell of feet and garbage permeates. The kitchen has old
>>> food; I see something that looks like home fries.
>>>
>>> How do we get the homeless (about 7 sleepers today) to earn their keep
>>> by cleaning up the space? AFAIK, there is no rule about that. I'm not
>>> really in a position of authority to ask and I'm not even a paying
>>> member.
>>> --
>>> Garrett
>>> @xkit