[Noisebridge-discuss] Security Working Group (SecWG) meeting this Thursday at 7pm
pnaomi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 21:46:00 UTC 2014
A handful of people who are interested in producing a "Threat Model"
of Noisebridge as a physical space will be coming together on Thursday
to work out wtf that even means.
Topics will probably include:
* access control (doors, schedules, etc)
* where in the system humans must be placed (e.g. the docent program)
* sensors to collect anonymous usage statistics of NB (no video or audio!)
* cultural practices (like greeting people at the door) that enhance security.
...and whatever else comes to mind.
The idea is to start thinking of Noisebridge-the-space as a system,
with known threats that can perhaps be defended against. Those
threats include things like:
* people coming to the space specifically to steal things
* people using NB as a squat (putting heavy pressure on resources)
* people misusing resources out of malice or ignorance (e.g. power tools)
Anybody with infosec or military strategy experience would be very
We'll gather at 7pm in the "lobby" and move to a quiet location if we
need to. This meeting may be Mumble'd to remote parties who are
Naomi Theora Most
naomi at nthmost.com
More information about the Noisebridge-discuss