[Noisebridge-discuss] Getting into the building.

Tom Lowenthal me at tomlowenthal.com
Sat Apr 5 20:12:42 UTC 2014

Ronald Cotoni <setient at gmail.com> wrote:
> We also don't really need food donations.

More like “really don't need”. My experience with food donations is
that they tend to get left out on the counter-tops and attract vermin,
or rot in the fridge.

I think that our general donation principle applies to food as well.
Only bring something to donate to Noisebridge if a specific person has
expressed a clear desire for that specific thing. A great way to find
folks interested in a potential donation is to ask the discussion
list.

If there isn't a particular person at NB who wants your item, you're
just taking something you have that you don't want, and turning it
into something we have that we don't want. Using Noisebridge as a
general place to dump stuff you don't want is pretty disrespectful.
Please make sure that a particular person wants your donation before
bringing it to Noisebridge.

Cuddles,
-Tom