[Noisebridge-discuss] The Fall of Hacker Groups

openfly openfly at xn--kgbed8a0h.xn--ngbc5azd
Thu Apr 10 16:08:33 UTC 2014

I was re-reading the great failure of the hacker halfway house
slides from Notacon 2006 the other day.  Enjoying a stroll down
memory lane.  The thing of it is, when noisebridge started up
everyone, and I do mean everyone who had been a part of, or to
HHH saw that Noisebridge would likely fail.

Today, after noisebridge ignored most of the the design patterns
and chose to let a bunch of social justice warriors slowly
destroy any basic semblence to a hackerspace you guys are
finally on the road to utter destruction.

And it was ENTIRELY predictable.  Hell 3.x years ago when I
moved to the bay area every hacker I knew, east and west told
me Noisebridge was doomed.  I didn't believe them because, I
was just coming from a highly successful hackerspace.  And
noisebridge was still famous for being a successful american
space.  But after only a few visits, I can tell you I not
only understood what they meant, I discovered a few more
layers to the cess pool that was Noisebridge.

I made several attempts to get you guys to target and
eliminate your toxic membership.  For my troubles I had 2
members make up stories about me and spread them behind
my back.  I only found out about those from a friend who
the unkowningly spread those stories to as well.

At that point I said fuck it.  And even when living in SF
I hacked at home rather than step foot in noisebridge.

Frankly, I've been having a barrel of laughs watching you
guys continue unabaited down the path to destruction ever
since.

And while I am a little sad to see you go, I know that the
community of hackers in SF is strong, and several more
spaces could easily spin up and succeed where you have
failed so impressively.

I'd cut it there, and never even send this email, but for
the fact that several good friends apparently did still
give a shit about saving your dumbasses.  And they gave
a real effort ( and some continue to ) to do so.

And for their troubles they got to watch you assholes
tear apart any attempt at reform once again under the
false disguise of 'we'll discuss it further'.  You
people would discuss a raging inferno in the woodshop
further until you all asphixiated and died.  And the
few people who survived would declare it a victory for
18 different movements that had nothing to do with
anything.

The 'spirit' of noisebridge today is vitriol, lies, and
above all else failure.  So if you are clinging to some
notion of noisebridge being a noble pursuit of some sort
of social victory, you are delusional.  And frankly you
are a huge part of the problem.

I read your last meeting notes.

You banned a guy for yelling at an unattended kid.  Said
nothing of the wonder parent who A.  brought their kid to
noisebridge and effective meth/heroin den.  B.  left that
same crotch fruit to run about unattended maybe hoping
they would accidentally kill themselves in the several
dozen ways I could think of in 5 seconds of thought. And
I am sure some folks think they've protected the realm.

When in fact team social justice warriors basically just
poured gasoline all over the liability of noisebridge and
said to the membership.  Hey you want to be a terrible
parent in noisebridge... COME RIGHT ON OVER.  Here give
the little one these rusty razor blades to chew on.
Hooray equality for age challenged people.

In short, you are all fucking idiots for that one.

Second... the board.  Wow.  Just... wow.

That you need a board to try and steer you to reform is
already the literal last straw for your continued existence
that YET AGAIN several of your board members have thrown
up their hands in disgust and walked...

Well.. congrats social justice warriors you have damned
the man again.  Your dream of a hacker backed social utopia
will finally begin to manifest themselves this time.  So
long as you keep fighting for the same shit over and over
destroying community after community.  Eventually your
commitement to your own closed minded infantile ideas
will certainly pay off.  Keep the faith crazies.  That
inferno licking at your feet will never consume your
Dreams.  Hey look I can see the homeless guy in the dj
booth magically giving up heroin, learning to code, and
accepting homeopathy and healing crystals as true science.

You've saved noisebridge from salvation once again.

And if the community built by others is destroyed in pursuit
of your dream.  So be it.  We can liter the road with a
thousand corpses until your dream of a utopia is forced
down the throat of everyone.  I mean they must all
eventually accept you are right.  I mean you are granted
divine outlook on life by that one time at burning man
you <insert something retarded here> while high on
<insert some drug here>.

In short, fucking hell people.  You need to change.  Your
community is fucking flat lining.  And the knife you are
holding in your hand, well maybe you should stop stabbing
everyone who tries to save it in the back.

This is like bike shedding with a group of sociopaths who
will kill to ensure the bike shed is a 'safe space' for
<insert insane social belief stupidity here> while another
person is willing to kill to ensure they can paint on
the walls.  And two other people are just stabbing anyone
who goes near the build site because they are squatting
there and don't want to see a bike shed built that would
force them to move on.

Hell maybe that was too literal.  Maybe I am being harsh in
my judgement.

Then again, maybe you assholes don't deserve kind words.

Maybe you don't deserve having my friends who are good
people helping you, while you do your level best to hurt
them.

Maybe... deep down inside... you are all everything you
despise in others.

You toxic, broken, assholes.

Feel free to prove me wrong.  But I'll be toasting
marshmallows from the outside while you all burn together
preventing anyone from saving you.

-openfly