[Noisebridge-discuss] The Fall of Hacker Groups

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 18:25:33 UTC 2014

Alexandra Glowaski <alex.glowaski at gmail.com> wrote:

"one more in a series of long-winded, expletive-ridden screeds that grind further negativity into a tense situation, and degrade the (also honest, passionate) people who are trying to fix it".

J: as a person who's trying to improve things, it does not discourage me. But I'm a leathery New Yawka. Openfly's are not a personal attack (which should NOT be tolerated).

I realize tone gets others down, so I appreciate Dara's emphasis on tone and framing.

The Mission WG I'm starting will actually seek out criticism. And the WG model we're developing will include channels for community criticism. And yes, we'll have to separate the useful bits from the trolling.

My goal is to stop giving the community stuff to complain about. The onus is on us. I accept the challenge!

I'm more concerned about nay sayers within the project who try to block change.

PS The NB Structure WG had a fantastic meeting last nite!

jr