[Noisebridge-discuss] Cooking in the space

Jeffrey Carl Faden jeffreyatw at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 02:05:57 UTC 2014

There is a group of people that comes up on Monday evenings to cook food in
the kitchen. They were waiting to be let into the space when I arrived. I
asked if they were part of Vegan Hacker SF or some other group, but they
said that they were just there to cook for people.

I need advice: Is this an excellent use of the space? I feel like this is
just using Noisebridge as a communal kitchen and is against the intent of a
hackerspace.

I agree with those who believe that the kitchen should be pared down to a
place to brew coffee and wash instruments associated with coffee brewing,
but in the meantime I don't know if I should be asking people to leave who
are there simply to make food. I also wonder who shows up in the space
simply to eat the food.

Jeffrey