[Noisebridge-discuss] His Imperial Majesty, Norton I, has issued the following edict

josh.norton at hush.com josh.norton at hush.com
Tue Apr 1 23:22:29 UTC 2014

At the peremptory request and desire of a large majority of the citizens of these United States, I, Joshua Norton, formerly of Algoa Bay, Cape of Good Hope, and now for the last 9 years and 10 months past of S. F., Cal., declare and proclaim myself Emperor of this Noisebridge; and in virtue of the authority thereby in me vested, do hereby order and direct the representatives of the different States of the Union to assemble in the Hacktorium, of this Noisebridge, on the 1st day of April. next, then and there to make such alterations in the existing laws of Noisebridge as may ameliorate the evils under which the hackerspace is laboring, and thereby cause confidence to exist, both at home and abroad, in our stability and integrity.

It is represented to us that the universal participation, as now existing through Noisebridge, is abused; that fraud and corruption prevent a fair and proper expression of the public voice; that open violation of the laws are constantly occurring, caused by mobs, parties, factions and undue influence of political sects; that the citizen has not that protection of person and property which he is entitled to by paying his pro rata of the expense of Consenso--in consequence of which, WE do hereby abolish consensus, and it is therefore abolished; and WE order and desire the representatives of all parties interested to appear at the Hacktorium, of this Noisebridge, on the 1st day of April, and then and there take the most effective steps to remedy the evil complained of.

—NORTON I, Emperor of Noisebridge & Protector of Sudoroom