[Noisebridge-discuss] the board election was crap and you know it.

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 17:57:38 UTC 2014

Hi. Do you like social justice?  Sure, we all do.

Some of you will remember that back in November, a consensus item
passed that dictated that:

> "If a
> member has not identified themself as such by adding the Category:Members
> to their wiki user page by $DATE, they shall no longer be a member of
> Noisebridge."

https://noisebridge.net/pipermail/noisebridge-discuss/2013-November/040368.html

I want to bring your attention to a problem.

$DATE was never assigned a real value.

However, when the board election happened, the list of members
eligible to vote was shortened to reflect the above edict as if it had
been implemented.

It hadn't.  It shouldn't have been.

The resultant disenfranchisement of true Members (any number of them)
due to a misapplied policy means that the board election was a sham,
and should be redone.

OK?

Let me know if I've got anything wrong about this.

Thanks,
Naomi, who was sham-elected to the sham board and wants things done Right.

ps. despite passing a consensus item about 3 weeks ago that says the
list of members should be published in the github repo, I don't see it
in there.

https://github.com/noisebridge/bureaucracy/tree/master/people

--
Naomi Theora Most