[Noisebridge-discuss] Hello. I think we a need a new Mission Statement.

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 08:45:41 UTC 2014

----- Original Message ------
From: "daravinne" <daravinne at gmail.com>

>so um, guys
>https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Noisebridge_Vision
>also if anyone in the space can find that giant wall-o-text printout
>that used to sit by the entrance that seemed to contain some kind of
>"mission statement" can they take a clear readable photograph of it and
>send it to me please

D-

It's not just about the verbiage. If nb has no process to disseminate or
to ensure eneryone's buy-in, then the words don't matter.

The purpose of revisiting these docs, as a group, as a community, is to
restore community connection to, and sense of ownership of the docs. i
suggest instituting rituals and processes to keep the docs as living
docs, to perpetually restore community connection to, and sense of
ownership of the docs. daily and annually.

also consider that turnover and new members has produced a community who
did not participate in the creation of those statements. if all members
are required to promise to abide by the docs, that might change things.

So, i'm suggesting two processes:

     -an annual community-wide refresh of the docs

     -a consistent new-member process to connect new members to the docs.
Maybe include adding their own personal "what nb means to me" to a wiki
and/or wall.

Jr