[Noisebridge-discuss] how often are YOU at the space?

Henner Zeller h.zeller at acm.org
Fri Apr 11 07:04:19 UTC 2014

On 10 April 2014 21:12, Naomi Most <pnaomi at gmail.com> wrote:
> (a friendly poll to find out what people are up to)
>
> What do you do at the space when you're here?

I am infrequently there on the weekend (Saturday or Sunday afternoon),
mostly coding and or working on some electronic design stuff on the
computer. However, I don't do the actual hardware there, because it
doesn't really feel like I can leave something there without locking
it away and, uhm, tools are not necessarily in a condition that
they're usable ... if I can even find them.
I do enjoy chatting with people there, and typically learn something
new. In general, I feel like the 'critical mass' of hackers is low (at
times I am there). It is a bit a chicken and an egg problem: If there
were more hackers, I'd hang out more and probably would donate some of
my tools as I'd know that they will get good use and I'll be using
them there. I intend to make myself come more often, as not coming is
part of the problem.

I had been infrequently to Tuesday meetings, sevearl times at 5MoF or
3D printing Thursday evenings.

Cool would be something like Show'n Tell Sunday or something as
weekdays might be too busy for many people. It would be a good
opportunity to have a good fraction of people actually being makers as
just people, uhm,  'hanging out'.

-h