[Noisebridge-discuss] asked Matthew P. to leave

Liz Henry lizhenry at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 21:26:28 UTC 2014

Adrian,

I don't think giving 2nd and 3rd chances to someone who behaves like this
is going to be useful.

- Liz

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 4:30 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 13 April 2014 08:22, Alexandra Glowaski <alex.glowaski at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > The trouble with harassment is that most harassers spend most of their
> time
> > not harassing people, so they usually seem pretty normal. I don't feel
> > comfortable being at NB if I don't have either a picture of this guy, or
> an
> > assurance that his presence will be announced (or he'll be kicked out)
> if he
> > shows up again.
> > We could make a harass-o-meter! A spectrum of pictures of the dude in
> states
> > from "super pooped / may violate your boundaries" to "got some sleep /
> > probably safe". Then, post it on the wall for people to make their own
> > judgments about whether the space is safe and welcoming.
>
> I'd rather a space just be known for being safe and welcoming.
>
> > Looking up people's skirts isn't tired-person behavior. It's
> creepy-asshole
> > behavior. If he looks up people's skirts without permission, he is a
> creepy
> > asshole. Case in point: I am extremely exhausted right now, so my normal
> > inhibitions aren't functioning properly, so I'm posting this to the list
> > where I might otherwise hold off. I'm not pulling guys' shirts up and
> > waggling my tongue at them.
>
> I'd rather you just post to the list. Or at least on Slack somewhere.
>
> If/when I see Matthew again I'll take him aside and tell him what he
> did last Tuesday Wasn't Cool. If he does it or anything like it again,
> I'll ask him to leave and to come back for mediation.
>

> -a

Liz Henry
lizhenry at gmail.com

"Electric ladies will you sleep or will you preach?" -- Janelle Monae

"Without models, it's hard to work; without a context, difficult to
evaluate; without peers, nearly impossible to speak." -- Joanna Russ