[Noisebridge-discuss] reasoning about the kitchen

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Fri Apr 18 05:41:47 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 09:11:00PM -0700, Naomi Gmail wrote:
> > On Apr 17, 2014, at 6:10 PM, "Johny Radio" <johnyradio at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 4/17/2014 5:59:22 PM, "Naomi Most" <pnaomi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > No one should be required to have a user page on the public wiki.
> >
> > Associate Members were required to have one.
>
> Doesn't mean that was the right aporoach.  I would have blocked if I'd
> been paying attention then.

Yep, I agree -- I would have blocked this "you must have a wiki page to
participate at Noisebridge" bullshit if I'd been paying attention.  I
mistakenly thought that the newly active folks at Noisebridge were
sensible enough to avoid obvious fails like this one.  "Surely these
folks wouldn't be *that* stupid"... wrong.

-andy