[Noisebridge-discuss] Announce mod

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Sat Apr 19 04:27:54 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 08:14:03PM -0700, Johny Radio wrote:
> is anyone out there able to release some announcements being held in
> Noisebridge-Announce moderation? Going on 30 hours....

There's been a lot more spam lately hitting the filter queue, so maybe
your message got lost in the churn?  The only thing waiting right now
is a message from you titled "Video volunteers sought" which doesn't
make very much sense as a -announce subject AFAICS.

Keep in mind that noisebridge-announce has well over a thousand
subscribers, most of whom don't know anything about the specific event
you're announcing.

The announce subject should give a quick idea about what the event is
about, and the body should include info about the event such as

 - who might be interested in attending
 - when and where (including the NB address since people forward these
   things)
 - what's happening at the event, why people might be interested
 - a link to a wiki page or similar with further information

We do a pretty good job in the moderator queue of approving messages
that are easy to approve, and we try to help people who've posted things
that just need a little tweaking in order to be appropriate (especially
if it's a new poster who's going to learn and do better next time), but
giving help takes more work and sometimes falls through the cracks.

-andy