[Noisebridge-discuss] Cloning 900 netbooks?

davidfine d at vidfine.com
Mon Apr 21 23:17:38 UTC 2014

you can ... use something like PXE to install automatically over the
network. Here's some info on that: http://www.rmprepusb.com/tutorials/serva
you could... boot linux from a usb hard drive and use the dd tool your
image to the internal hard drive. It could be done by a boot script.

Licenses will be a problem, you'd have to run some sort of sysprep
script to handle it http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh825209.aspx
If you had a full windows domain stack, you'd run Windows Deployment
Services (WDS). I'm really glad I don't have to work with that anymore.
This is one of those things that's easier in Linux.
--D