[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge as "facility"

kjs bfb at riseup.net
Mon Apr 28 15:12:44 UTC 2014

On 04/28/2014 01:21 AM, Johny Radio wrote:
> On 4/27/2014 11:42:55 PM, "kjs" <bfb at riseup.net <mailto:bfb at riseup.net>>
> wrote:
>
>> I approach Noisebridge expecting the best, while anticipating the
>> worst. If something that I like to use is broken, then it is a good
>> idea to fix it if I know how. ....If I don't know how to fix the
>> thing, and no one wants to help immediately, then perhaps I will work
>> on something else
>
> Kevin, you're awesome, but what about classes? If jeffrey carl comes to
> teach his web-dev class, and the wifi is down, should he say "well
> class, instead of learning web-dev, today we're going to attempt to fix
> the wifi network...."?

What are the expectations of other teachers? In my experience, coming 15
minutes early provides reasonable up-time for a smallish, weekly
gathering. Establishing Internet connectivity, tables and chairs, a
working projector. I have heard discussed, and I too would like to see,
some enchantments to our classrooms. For instance, tables with power
strips. I would like to see students and teachers drive these upgrades.