[Noisebridge-discuss] Solder and Iron to get

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Thu Aug 28 06:17:01 UTC 2014

If you're looking for something more than just to mess around with and
not doing any real surface mount work, I recently got a Hakko FX888D and
am pretty happy with it...

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11704

I would recommend buying a couple of extra tips and keeping them near by.

If you're completely new to soldering, buy something you would be ok
destroying and come to a half dozen soldering workshops at Noisebridge...

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9507

Once you've gotten some practice, and think you'll be soldering more
often in the future, then it might be smart to look into a temperature
monitored and controlled iron, such as the Hakko I listed above.

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net