[Noisebridge-discuss] NB REBOOT: now entering runlevel 3

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 00:42:54 UTC 2014

MOTD to all Users and Programs:

Today, despite ongoing development, our system will be allowed to reach
runlevel 3, aka "soft reopening".

Noisebridge's physical domain has been steadily acquiring polish in the
form of new paint and some kickass murals.  The floors have been sanded and
polished.

Meanwhile, the mental operating system of the community continues to
improve by means of do-ocratic cooperation and shared purpose.

(In other words, it's nice having a big project to focus on. Keeps things
in perspective.)

Volunteer contributions have been nothing short of spectacular, and it
almost looks like people are having FUN (*gasp*).

If you feel like lending a hand, we can still use some help tying up the
loose ends at the space.  (Also, the crew typically enjoy receiving
tacos... hint)

What's left to accomplish:

* refinishing floor zone #3, the final area (the previous 2 look amazing)
-- happening TODAY and tomorrow.

* Networking!  TOMORROW is networking day.  Wifi, stringing ethernet
around, etc.  Show up at 11am to play all day.

* Moving large objects to and fro in the space.

* Setting up the break room as a coffeehouse.

* Building the library shelves and putting the books up.

* Fixing 3D printers and setting up the workspace again.

* Letting the electricians finish out their end of things (there was a
snafu with an LED lighting order).

* Scheduling a survey inspection (looks like end of August).

* Dozens of other things, from reaching out to class leaders to the
Class-A-Thon to continuing our fundraising efforts.

The Big Freaking Party is coming up August 15th!  Look for an announcement
soon.

In the meantime, why not teach a class?

https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Class-A-Thon

And take a moment to spread the word about Noisebridge's fundraiser!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/noisebridge-reboot-2014/x/8018376

END OF LINE!

--
Naomi Theora Most