[Noisebridge-discuss] Hardware Repair Class Success!

Zach organic_unity at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 13 09:50:39 UTC 2014

Hey everyone,

  I just want to thank those of you that came out for the Hardware
Hacking & Repair class I taught on Monday.  It was a big success,
and I was blown away by the focus and interest of people towards the
subjects taught.  Noisebridge has long been flourishing with software
and programming classes and I hope one day to see the same with
hardware.

Special thanks to the MIT students visiting and of course to Mitch for his
invaluable support and providing soldering irons and tools.  And to Jeff who set it all up and walked me through the DIY class teaching process!

I am planning to teach a class like this again sometime soon, so stay
tuned!  Feel free to email me or check out my (long overdue for an
update) website at www.freewebs.com/vgmods

Specialty subjects that are possible for future classes:

* TV/flatscreen/CRT repair
* DIY portable soundsystems
* Video game console hacking & modding (original Nintendo thru Wii)

Best,Zach