[Noisebridge-discuss] zone9 bloggers wikipedia edit-a-thon today

april glaser april.glaser at riseup.net
Sun Aug 24 15:37:49 UTC 2014

Hi all,

April from EFF here. Writing to invite you all to a Wikipedia
edit-a-thon I'm helping to organize this afternoon at Wikimedia HQ (or
anywhere!). We want to improve the pages of the Zone9 Bloggers and other
journalists who are currently in jail in Ethiopia.

In April 2014, six members of the Zone 9 Bloggers and three associated
journalists were arrested in Addis Ababa and now face terrorism charges
for their writings. They were additionally charged with conspiracy for
using basic encryption tools.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/San_Francisco_21

We're meeting today from 1-5pm at Wikimedia (149 New Montgomery Street:
Floor 6). One of the Zone 9 bloggers, Endalk, who currently is seeking
asylum in the US will join us. Endalk was also a policy fellow at EFF
this summer.

Maybe I'll see some of y'all there!
All the very best,
April

PS: this is my first post to the list; hopefully, it is appropriate.
please excuse me if not. I'd like to be more involved with Noisebridge,
as I recently moved to the area to work at EFF and have always worked
with hackerspaces in some capacity where ever I'm based. will surely
meet some of y'all in the near future :)