[Noisebridge-discuss] ALA unconference

April Glaser april.glaser at riseup.net
Mon Dec 29 22:13:09 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Writing to see if we could host an American Library Association
unconference at Noisebridge for two days during the week of June 25-31.
I can't make this week's Tuesday meeting, but should be able to make
next week's. I'm not a member, so I'm a little dim about how to get
something on the calendar :)

At the unconference we'd like to focus on activist-librarianship,
access, social justice, digital privacy, and issues related to sharing
and copyright. While so many librarians are in SF for the ALA
conference, we'd like to host an alternative gathering for topics under
discussed or overlooked at the main event.

I'm organizing this as part of the Library Freedom Project
(https://libraryfreedomproject.org/). The website is still under
construction, but here's the project description:
https://www.newschallenge.org/challenge/libraries/submissions/the-library-freedom-project-bringing-privacy-education-and-digital-tools-to-local-communities-through-libraries

Best, April