[Noisebridge-discuss] keeping NB open for holidays

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 21:09:24 UTC 2014

I agree, and all of our hard work in rebuilding this past year is at stake.

Patrick says it best: we are in a very delicate time.

I haven't been around the past few weeks, and that's been OK because I have
been able to trust in there being a critical mass of good folks keeping the
space progressing in a positive way.

Now I am going away, returning in January -- just as many others are -- and
I really want to come back to a Noisebridge that doesn't again require
rebuilding due to sabotage and neglect.

There are good arguments, too, for keeping the space open IN ORDER to
protect it, because a closed Noisebridge is not all that safe either.

And it's not about trust in anyone as an individual.  It's about trust the
robustness of the community organism when it suddenly loses a large
quantity of blood.

Whatever we do -- keep it open or close it for a couple of weeks -- either
way will be a leap of faith for all of us as a community.

With love,
Naomi

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 12:03 PM, Harry Moreno <morenoh149 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll be around. I can't go everyday but I'll try to be there more often. I
> just feel this is insufficient. A character like sid only needs a couple of
> hours late at night to do costly damage.
> On Dec 10, 2014 11:10 AM, "Naomi Most" <pnaomi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thumbs up.
>>
>> Who else is going to be around?
>>
>> Personally I would feel best knowing there are at least a dozen people
>> "around" between Xmas and the first week of January.
>>
>> --Naomi
>>

>> On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 5:09 AM, David Halenda <dskiko at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'd like to offer myself, David Halenda, Mohammad, and Joe as three
>>> trustworthy folk who are into keeping NB open during the holidays and
>>> beyond. We've put a good amount of time helping to get the space ready for
>>> building inspection, and have been coming to NB for  several ms/yrs now.
>>> Though recent issues have put us all a bit on edge, my feeling is that
>>> its important to keep the doors open as long as feasibly possible, and as
>>> long as its a secure and safe place to be. This includes locking the space
>>> up, and making sure no one is left inside when we, or other trusted members
>>> of our community, are not around.
>>> Though I'm not here all the time, I'm in regular contact with the others
>>> mentioned. My cell: 415.670.1881

>> --
>> Naomi Theora Most
>> naomi at nthmost.com