[Noisebridge-discuss] Meeting notes from last week

Ari Lacenski alacenski at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 03:03:06 UTC 2014

Just in time (sorta) for this week's meeting, please enjoy the notes from
the last one.

How do I add this to the wiki without breaking things? Does one just
overwrite the previous week's notes?

I'm not able to make it tonight but I'll put up the notes if anyone can
suggest the least destructive way.

Ari

===

Tom is moderating.

Ari gives a definition of Noisebridge as a space for people interested in
technology to congregate and work together.

Names were read super quickly. 2 new people tonight.

Announcements:
Madelynn is now running the Redshirts mailing list and is interested in

Beer.js is at Bender's at 8pm tonight.

Vi announces a Black History Month event at City Hall on Friday 2/7.

Naomi: 5th anniversary of 5MoF is coming up, Aestetix will probably make an
appearance.

Josh: Tour of Noisebridge at 3pm on Friday 2/7.

Tom: GPG key signing party on Wednesday 2/5, details on the wiki.

===
Membership binder:

Monad defines the membership process as a four-week process requiring 2

Josh describes associate membership: you just need to come in, introduce
yourself, and ask for four people

3 people are up for membership:
Hephaestus, Kate Kligman, and Douglas. No member vote since Hephaestus is
in week 3 and the others aren't here.

===
Financial report:

Treasurer is not here. We have no idea what our financial situation is.

Newly arriving folks with announcements.
Pigeon - introduces preferred pronouns, spent today fixing a bike.

Kevin - introduces self as having no preferred pronouns, announces that
Andrew Byrne returned to Noisebridge last night and was asked to leave and
come back to a Tuesday meeting. Maybe this should be a discussion item? --
N.B. Andrew Byrne is not here.

===
Consensus items: a note on process. No straw poll, we'll just propose three.

People who are currently regarded as in the running, having indicated
[accepted] after their name on
https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Board/2014_Nominations:

Al Sweigart
Naomi Most
Snail
Ben Kochie
Casey Callendrello
Alex Merlin Glowaski
Tom Lowenthal
Nick Owens
Jim Burke
Ari Lacenski
Madelynn Martiniere
Ronald Cotoni
Leif Ryge
Jade

Consensus item: The people named above are now on the ballot slate for the
following month.
Outcome: Consensed!

Kevin proposes that the above people edit their wiki pages to describe
their board platform.

Consensus item: items for consensus must be proposed, then voted on two
weeks later in their exact original wording. The voted item mu
Outcome: Consensed!

Consensus item: The canonical location for Noisebridge policies and
processes shall be a git repository.
Outcome: Consensed!

Record attained: three consensus items in 5 minutes.

Consensus item:
Renaming the category "Noisebridge Members" to the "Noisebridge Council",
and renaming the category "Associate Members" to "Noisebridge Members".
Tom and Jarrod speak in favor of the change.
Josh registers an objection because members may not actually be as
knowledgeable as longtime space associates.
Kevin would like more time to read the bylaws.

Outcome: Consensus! Current members are now known as members of the
Noisebridge Council.

Discussion item: Should Andrew Byrne be allowed to come back to a meeting?

Charlie talks about conflicts between himself, Pigeon, Kevin. It is not
clear how this is related to Andrew.

The people who most directly accused Andrew of sexual misconduct in email
did not come to the meeting to propose banning him.
Ronald and Jarrod join on the proposal of having a secondary meeting, not
the general one, and specifically inviting the people who raised personal
objections

Pigeon proposes instead of discussing banning Andrew in particular. Ari
doesn't think that would be a workable solution.

Madelynn suggests reaching out to the two people and making them a specific
part of the committee meeting to address whether to invite Andrew back.

We are not going to reach consensus tonight, but Tom says people interested
in coming to a secondary meeting should write to nb-discuss to identify
their interest.