[Noisebridge-discuss] Pidgeon is banned until Tuesday, April 1st (no joke)

Al Sweigart asweigart at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 17:13:03 UTC 2014

At the weekly meeting, it was agreed that Pidgeon will be banned for six
weeks for stealing Robin's leatherman. If you see Pidgeon at the space
before then, please inform me, Ron Cotoni (setient at gmail.com), and/or
the mailing list.

This is the second time Pidgeon has been asked to leave the space for an
extended period.

A reminder to everyone to not leave valuables at Noisebridge. Noisebridge
is not a safe place to store your things. There has been a history of theft
including laptops, phones, cameras, and wallets. This is also a reminder
that unless something is on the Hack Shelves, it is not free or "up for
grabs". Don't take Noisebridge things out of the space. Non-members have
little reason to be in the closed-off Member Shelves area.

If you see or know someone at the space stealing valuables, call 911 or
even better, SF PD direct line 415-553-8090. (Cell towers may redirect you
to Cal. Highway Patrol instead of SF PD. Also, 911 does not work at the red
public VoIP phone by the entrance.)

And on a personal note, I can't believe that even in the rare cases where
we find the thief and are able to get the stolen items back, we won't ban
them. Noisebridge is an easy target because we specifically make it that
way. After all, the worse that can happen is that you can't come back for a
month and a half.

Guard your things with that in mind.

The current sponsors for Pidgeon's membership are: Kevin (Bfb), J.C.
(thex), and N0_hat (he's asked me not to publish his first name with his
handle). https://noisebridge.net/wiki/User:Pidgeon

-Al