[Noisebridge-discuss] 90 Day "Ban" on banning people.

Al Sweigart asweigart at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 03:44:22 UTC 2014

This is a sample of people who have been banned from the space (from the
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/86 page):

"This guy went into the back classroom and took Rayc's wallet out of his
backpack. Rayc saw him with the wallet in his hand and the guy tried to say
it was his. He then started running towards the door and was tackled by
Jake."

"Banned by consensus 2013-10-01 for physical assaulting another Noisebridge
user."

"Stole from the member's shelves and from me."

"Several days later he returned to Noisebridge with his hand shoved in a
gym bag, claiming he had as he continued pushing past people to get into
the main space, screaming constantly about killing eveyone and then
himself."

These are not people you want to have stay away from the space for "a
while". You want them permanently gone.

And anyway, I see no reason why the "drama" from proposing a person be
banned for 180 days will be any less than proposing a person be banned
permanently.

-Al