[Noisebridge-discuss] [corrected version] N0_Hat's reaction to User:Gergorydillon perception of events leading to Ban Request by User:Flamsmark

hush.hat at hushmail.com hush.hat at hushmail.com
Wed Feb 26 00:22:22 UTC 2014

--- I apologize if the underlines and highlight that the original
document was designed for don't appear, i am not tech savvy enough to
know how to make it work, i am here at noisebridge asking people to
help me post this document because it is my 1st time posting to the
mailing list and i am not quite sure how it works yet, if you wish to
see the original document please feel free to ask me in Noisebridge or
forward me your email address so i can send you a original copy under
the correct intended format. Again sorry for the inconvenience ---

_I was surprised to be  notified about User:Gregorydillon account of
the events that occurred in  the morning he asked me to leave. At the
bottom of his lengthy  discussion section is this section which i will
edit to fit my account  as well as the account witnessed by Qbit and
Sid who were in the space  with me at the time in the Hacker-torium:_
  Asked Josh to leave this morning and not return until the Tuesday
meeting

	I asked Josh to leave this morning and not return until the Tuesday
meeting. (true)

	I arrived about 6:30, _(false __5:30_) and put on the lights _(turned
on all the lights in the Hackertorium where 3 people were working in
the dark on their computers with only light LED lights on)_.  He
became incensed  (false) asked politley, "hay Greg can you turn the
one by the  electronic equiptment shelf off its kind of too bright for
our eyes [all  three peopl in agreement, 2 actually saying if he could
turn all of  them back off it was too bright.
	Gregorydillions responce: "I JUST GOT HERE!!!" screaming with rage
while standing
	N0_Hat:  "Um, i understand that but that is not what i mean Greg, its
just the  light is hurting out eyes and we have been coding all night
on a project  can you just turn off one of the 4 swiches, the one for
the electronics  shelf area off its putting strain on our eyes (he
chose to sit at the  center to the table on the elevator side of the
table)."
	_Gregorydilions responce: "I JUST GOT HERE!!!"_

	_N0_Hat:  "Dude that has nothing to do with what i am askaing, i am
just asking  if you can turn off one of the swiches because its its
too early in the  morning and its straining our eyes."__ _

	Gregorydillion: "I JUST GOT HERE!!!!!!"

	N0_Hat:  "Dude what are you talking about? i just asking you to turn
off one of  the lights what does your statement have to do with
that?"_ _

	Gregorydillion: "I JUST GOT HERE!!!! NOOO!! (storms off to make some
coffee)
	_leaving me, Sid, & Qbit wondering what would make him act in such an
extreme manner._
	that I turned on the lights.  A

	I walked away from him and began making a cup of coffee. He turned
light off_ false_

	When I came back  there were 4 tea cups, with tea bag in most,
glasses _( one )_, plates _( one )_ and uneaten food on the common
table _( just my bag of nachos which were right next to my laptop that
was on next to all my stuff ) true: leftover from lastnight, none of
which belonged to N0_Hat or Qbit or Sid_.   I asked who's?_ True _ and
got no respons_e.True, no  reply was given because 1st it was not
our's, 2nd because all three of  us were being spoken to in a
Authoritarian, Overly-Agressive Tone_  I began cleaning it up, and
Josh went all  argumentative again not to touch his food _instead  of
taking the cups and dishes he grabbed an extra large bad of nachos
which belonged to me and were half full seated directly infront of my
jacket covered chair on the table which had my laptop and water
bottle,  what i said was, _
	_N0_Hat:"hay can you please not touch my food without my permission
like that."_

	_Gregorydillion: "Well i asked who's food this was (false)"__ _

	_N0_Hat: "no you didnt and i  have already asked you about the light
but you wont bother to turn off  even one out of the four that i asked
for, so since this is a do-ocracy,  i guess i will do it myself.__ _

	Gregorydillon: NO YOU WON'T!!! in Agressively yelling
	_N0_Hat:  Yes, i wll and their is no obligation for anyone to take
orders from  you at Noisebridge, this is a do-ocracy and you have no
Authoritative  power over me or anyone else in this space. (take my
food which he is  still holding and go to put it back where it was
next to my laptop) On  the way back to the project i am working on my
the audio equiptment i  say, "Gregory please don't touch my stuff
again like that without my  permission i consider is extremely rude"_

	I said he needs to  acknowledge and clean._ true_  Became more
argumentative. _false  "Greg i get that you want to clean but please
don't go around just  peoples things from the table like that its
extreamly rude and  inconsiderate" _

	I asked him to leave _true _
	Gregorydillion:"N0_HAT you know what, I want you out of here now!")
	_N0_Hat: What? what did I do???? why are you asking me to leave_

	_Gregorydillon: "N0_HAT I SAID I WANT YOU OUT OF HERE NOW!!!"
screaming at the top of his lungs.__ _

	_N0_Hat: Dude what are you talking about, i havent done anything"_

	_QBit: Dude you can't just ask N0_Hat to leave like that he hasent
done anything to you!__ _

	 _Sid: Greg you need to calm down you are over reacting, N0_Hat
hasent done anything to deserve being asked to leave._

	_Gregorydillon: N0_HAT I WANT YOU OUT NOW!!!__ _

	N0_Hat: "do you guys think i have done something wrong that i should
be asked to leave?"
	_Qbit: No just ignore him he is loosing it__ _

	Sid: No you don't have to leave
	_N0_Hat:  dude majority vote by two members, i am sorry but i am not
going  anywhere, i have two witnesses here that know i havent done
anything  that deserves me being asked to leave__ _

	__and not return until the Tuesday meeting _true__._    He said he
wasn't going anywhere_ true_ and claimed that I was being rude._ true_

	hmmn _(storms off mumbering to himself and slamming ever step down
the stairs)_

	N0_Hat, Sid, & Qbit, left puzzled and shocked
	_Qbit:"oh  my god what is with that guy. He usually just works in the
library  which was completely empty why out of all days did he pick
today to sit  here and then on top of that act that crazy?"__ _

	N0_Hat:  "dude im not going to fuck up my morning trying to figure
that guy out,  he is loosing it, i just want to get back to work, lets
put some music  on to restore the vibe in here."_ _

	_Sid: (Laughing) WOWWW just when you think you get this place, shit
like this happens"_

-----People who were witnesses that can confirm this to be a true
account, two:
 Qbit and Sid who were with me working the entire night and were in
the hacker-torium when incident occurred
----People who can confirm Greg's account of what happened, zero
further more on the Feb  19 post to his discussion tab claims, and i
quote, " when I spoke to Josh we got to the mutual  asked to leave
status" [False] Gregorydillion was never asked to leave by anyone he
stormed off.
Gregorydillon,  please try to communicate with me and tell me, Sid,
and Qbit why you  behaved the way you did and why you felt the need to
leave out so many  details and facts that actually occurred, I am up
for ban by Tom for not  leaving and through i appreciate you
expressing yourself the community ,  this time i feel that i cannot
ignore the actions you took because they  have great effect on me in
the Noisebridge community.
Also,  User:HelloHowardYou sent me a private email on Feb 19th (which
i can  provide as evidence) saying that he mediated this incident with
you,  this is a direct quote.
 "This morning I have spoken with Greg about what happened this
morning,  and he recognized that he handles the situation with
previous judgments  as he should have communicated more- in that when
entering the space and  seeing people having turned the lights off he
should have asked first  instead of imposing his actions onto everyone
around. He also recognized  that his actions are antagonizing toward
you, but rooting in the lack  of understanding and communication. A
standard protocol in dealing with  disagreements is when asked, both
parties leave the space until it can  be either mediated through
conversation or to ask the community at large  to assist in coming in
terms of an agreement/solution. As unfair as the  situation was, I
believe the best procedure is to reach out to Greg and  come to a
terms of solution. As of this morning, he has agreed to not  come back
to the space until next Tuesday  if you are willing to do the same (no
i was not willing but he decided to stay away from the space anyway)
(no more morning check-ups(authoritarian  domineering pacing up and
down the space with his camera phone out in  anticipation to take a
picture selectively amoung the people in the  space of anyone who is
napping or dosed off and then getting on his wiki  survalence blog to
write about it ). Instead  of resorting to two people being absent
from the space, an open line of  communication may help assist with
arriving at a win/win situation. (i was never once been contacted my
Gregory)"

Randomly  running into User Flamsmark at Noisebridge and asking to
speak with him  regarding ban proposals i had put forth and my
pseudonym not being used  even after notifying Gregorydillon multiple
times and asking 3  different Council Members to tell him as well when
he did not comply due  to security risk it causes me. Eight minutes
into the conversation  which happened when the meeting was done.
Conversation went something  like this:
 User:Flamsmark: "N0_Hat is it true that you did not leave when
User:GregoryDillon asked you to leave?"
 N0_Hat: "Yes, but he did it for no reason."
User:Flamsmark " N0_Hat i am asking you to leae Noisebridge right now"
 N0_Hat: "But why? i havent done anything wrong"
User: Flamsmark "Doesn't matter please leave Noisebridge immediately."
N0_Hat: "I need a bit of time"
User: Flamsmark "You have 10 munutes"
 N0_Hat: (starts packing belongings into research project handhelf
briefcase and laptop into a second case used to carry netbook and
external hardrives. Sid leaves Noisebridge with me and carried my
laptop  briefcase)
(witness of this even taking place: Qbit and Sid)
 Sent using Hushmail