[Noisebridge-discuss] "Banning" discussion tonight

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 03:38:49 UTC 2014

You don't need to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

First off -- empirically speaking, the harassment policy is being
vehemently NOT ignored, but rather vehemently enforced.

What you're observing is the tumult that's occurring because this
policy and subsequent process are taking the place of
community resolution.

What you should be asking yourself is whether Noisebridge should be
thought of as a "community" or as a hack-space vending machine.  If
the former, then we need to take better care of each other and not
characterize the world as black and white.  If the latter, then hey,
why don't we close the space at 11pm and hire security guards.

--Naomi