[Noisebridge-discuss] Lockers

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 07:24:25 UTC 2014

Hi Dean

I appreciate your dialog.

On 1/7/2014 10:48:45 PM, "Dean Mao" <dean.mao at hackerdojo.com> wrote:
>So as others have noted, it was discussed before.  For example, Al
>mentioned it here back in July 2011:
>https://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/noisebridge-discuss/2011-July/024037.htmlFrom
>that discussion it seemed like most people were in favor for it.

Al himself, and the others who create the Lockers page on the nb wiki,
concluded that, at that time, the community did NOT favor lockers. See
Noisebridge.net/Lockers. Also, July 2011 is 2 1/2 years ago. Pretty long
time.

>We've also arrested a few individuals who went overboard and started
>stealing stuff.

Noisebridge doesn't do that. NB has a culture of anti-police. I recall
that NB outing countless thieves in the past three years, but I'm not
aware that NB theives have reason to fear arrest.

>There's probably 10 "no-sleeping" signs all over the Hacker Dojo
>because we've had so much problems with it.

You guys are doing a better job than NB. If we have even one such sign,
i never noticed it. Maybe Noisebridge should ask Danny for advice too.

>These people don't use the lockers because they can't -- you need to be
>a member in order to reserve a locker.

That's not Al's locker policy. His locker page says "To provide a
somewhat secure way for members AND OTHERS to store tools, equipment,
and long-term projects at the space." See
noisebridge.net/Locker_Protocol

If we take out the "and others" part, that might be better.

-JR