[Noisebridge-discuss] Lockers

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 18:22:59 UTC 2014

Lockers are to me the physical object emulation of a secured data store.
The storage is a blank void that is awaiting a human to use-or  misuse. At
a certain point the process becomes one of asking if the tail is wagging
the dog!

Are we conceding that Noisebridge cannot trust in responsible locker use?

One instrumentality might be mandating the use of Key+combination locks as
is common to allow official access. With an accepted set of rules for
locker checks that protects the lease/life safety needs while preventing
theft/avoidable conflicts.

Teal Deer: Yes- locking up smallish stuff to prevent theft is Excellent as
temptaton mitigaton but enabling  "squatter/ barracking nest caches" is
UNexcellent and to be feared.

Oren Beck

816.632.3695