[Noisebridge-discuss] Not quite dead yet.

Hilaire Nollette metatecque at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 18:10:41 UTC 2014

I'm Gunna bump this thread,
I am very interested in getting a LPFM radio station on the air at
Noisebridge, we are in a perfect poistion to do so, costs are kinda high on
this type of project. But wow!!!, to be the "Voice of Noisebridge" or "The
Bridge" (Clearchannel may already have this TM'd in another market) To have
a radio station in SF would be an ultimate goal achieved.

OK, but really what are the costs...
Yes, $1,000 to have an independent engineer show the FCC supporting
documentation.
Then we fund-raise.
Then we have a self-supporting station, That promotes Noisebridge, our
classes, educational opportunities, increases our membership, and allows us
to be more self promoting. This will also allow us the opportunity to build
a better community. I say let's do this.
I'd put my money where my mouth is, but, alas I have no money. But you
already have my time Noisebridge.
So who's with me?
Let's build Noisebridge Radio - I did say from the beginning that it would
be a long process, and expensive. I know it will pay for itself.

Dead is a misnomer at Noisebridge, There is always somebody to revive
projects that get neglected. We should have an AED onsite.

Best Regards NB,
Hilaire